ODP, National Teams & Club Soccer
Current member of the New Zealand National Team • was an alternate for the Football Ferns at the 2012 Olympic Games in London, England.
Attended Lynfield College in Auckland, N.Z. • played soccer there for three years in addition to her career as an outstanding club player • also played club basketball • was house captain in 2011 at Lynfield • reached NCEA qualifications on levels 1,2 and 3 • won outstanding sports achievement award in 2010 and 2011.
Katie Elizabeth Bowen is the daughter of Dave Bowen and Pippa Bowen • was born April 15, 1994 in Auckland, New Zealand • her father is originally from England and her mother is a New Zealander • has two brothers and a sister, all of whom also play soccer • loves to travel in her free time, especially to her father's native England • plans to major in elementary education.
Up Close With Katie Bowen
Section #1: Soccer
1. The best thing about being a Tar Heel soccer player is being in a different country doing what I love.
2. My favorite thing about competing for Coach Dorrance is that he brings out the best in his players.
3. Since last year the aspect of my training I've worked on the most is my left foot.
4. My best friend on another college soccer team is Rosie White at UCLA.
5. My greatest strength as a soccer player is my speed.
Section #2: Interests
1. Away from the soccer field and academic pursuits I like to spend time traveling and hanging out with family.
2. The best movie I've seen recently is Crazy Stupid Love.
3. If I could compete in another sport at UNC it would be basketball.
4. The music act I'd most like to see in person is The Beatles.
5. The personal interests I have that might surprise my teammates is I like to sing.
Section #3: Food & Beverage
1. My favorite beverage is Sprite.
2. My favorite food made by a relative is chocolate cake.
3. My favorite guilty pleasure food wise is potato chips.
Section #4: Personality
1. If I possessed the gift of time travel I'd like to go to the 60s.
2. My most prized personal possession is my phone.
3. If I could go to dinner with a famous person it would be Ryan Gosling.
4. My dream job is being a chef.
5. The most interesting person I've met at UNC is Coach Dorrance.