Saw action in 13 games as a reserve forward • played 193 minutes • notched the first goal of her career in a 2-0 win over UNC Greensboro • named to the 2012 ACC Academic Honor Roll.
Graduated from the North Carolina School of Science and Mathematics in 2011 • spent her junior and senior years there after spending her first two years at West Carteret High School in Morehead City, N.C. • played four years of high school soccer and basketball • played midfielder and striker on the pitch and started for four years • was a point guard in hoops, starting all four years of high school • selected to play for North Carolina in "Clash of the Carolinas" in 2011 • named All-State in soccer in 2009 and 2011 • four-time All-Conference selection on the pitch • All-Region selection as a senior and sophomore • Coastal Conference Player of the Year at West Havelock in 2009 • soccer team MVP as a sophomore and captain as a senior • named WCHS's female athlete of the year in 2008-09 • four-time All-Conference selection in basketball • holds N.C. School of Science and Math record for points in a game with 37 • member of National Society of High School Scholars for 2010-11.
Kimberly Bianca Gray is the daughter of Maurice and Kathleen Gray • was born December 19, 1992 in Havelock, N.C. • biology major • hobbies include playing the piano, art, music, reading and her love of both soccer and basketball • serves as a volunteer at Carteret General Hospital.
Up Close With Bianca Gray
Section #1: Soccer
1. The best thing about being a Tar Heel soccer player is being a part of such an amazing tradition, being around such inspiring and talented people and being pushed to my limits.
2. My favorite thing about competing for Coach Dorrance is how he pushes us to our limits and expects a lot from us. It helps us to reach our true potential as players and as people in general.
3. Since last year the aspects of my training I've worked on the most are speed of play and shooting.
4. My best friend on another college soccer team is Ashlyn Hardy at Wingate.
5. My greatest strength as a soccer player is my work ethic.
Section #2: Interests
1. Away from the soccer field and academic pursuits I like to spend time hanging out with friends and playing basketball.
2. The best movie I've seen recently is The Dark Knight Rises.
3. If I could compete in another sport at UNC it would be basketball.
4. The music act I'd most like to see in person is Frank Ocean.
5. The personal interest I have that might surprise my teammates is that I like to sing.
Section #3: Food & Beverage
1. After a game at Fetzer Field, I'd like to see a buffet spread at McCaskill that included fruit, cookies, pizza, sour gummy worms and Gatorade.
2. My favorite beverages is Light Blue Gatorade.
3. My favorite food made by a relative is my Mom's Jello Strawberry Cake with whipped cream.
4. My favorite place to eat in Chapel Hill is [B}SKI'S.
5. My favorite guilty pleasure food wise is strawberry cheesecake.
Section #4: Personality
1. If I possessed the gift of time travel I'd like to go to my childhood when I didn't have a care or worry in the world.
2. My most prized personal possessions are my cell phone and my cross.
3. If I could go to dinner with a famous person it would be Barack Obama.
4. My dream job is to be a pediatrician working with children with cancer or Down Syndrome.
5. The most interesting person I've met at UNC is my friend Nikki Mogenson.
Bianca Gray's Career Statistics
Year GP/GS SH G A PTS
2011 13/0 7 1 0 2
Totals 13/0 7 1 0 2
BIANCA GRAY'S CAREER SCORING GAMES
Date Opponent G A PTS
9/9/2011 UNC Greensboro 1 0 2
2011 TOTALS 1 0 2
|High School:||NC School of Science & Math|