Graduated from high school early to enroll at UNC in January 2012 • ranked as the No. 1 recruit in the Class of 2012 by Top Drawer Soccer • will miss the non-conference phase of this season while competing with the U.S. team at the U20 World Cup in Japan.
ODP, National Teams & Club Soccer
A veteran member of Youth National Teams • will compete in U20 World Cup in Japan in 2012 for the U.S. • played in U20 CONCACAF World Cup Qualifier in March 2010 and for the U.S. in the U20 World Cup in June 2010 • competed in U17 CONCACAF World Cup Qualifier in March 2010 • U.S. Soccer Federation U20 Women's National Team member from 2010-12, U18 Women's National Team member from 2010-11, U17 Women's National Team member from 2009-10, U15 Girls' National Team in 2008 and U14 Girls' National Team in 2007 • 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Region III ODP Team Captain • competed in 2007 ODP National ID Camp • Florida State ODP Team Captain all five years from 2006-2010 • has completed 10 years of competitive club soccer, including one year for the IMG Soccer Academy of Bradenton, Fla., seven years for the Clearwater Chargers Soccer Club of Clearwater, Fla., where she was also the team captain and two years for the Northeast Raiders Soccer Club of St. Petersburg, Fla., where again she was the team Captain
Graduated from Berkeley Preparatory School in Tampa, Fla. • finished her high school career with a 49-17 record, a 0.66 goals against average and 24 shutouts • earned NSCAA Youth All-America honors her sophomore through junior years • did not play high school soccer as a senior because of early graduation • was a Parade Magazine All-America as a sophomore when she was named the top player on that honor squad • led team to state finals in her sophomore year with a 24-5-2 record, a 0.746 goals against average and 11 shutouts • her junior year was shortened by a broken leg but she had a 0.308 goals against average and five shutouts • led team to regional finals as a freshman • won 2011 National Sportsmanship Award • Class 3A All-State selection as a sophomore and junior • finished high school with 3.79 grade point average • won a 2012 ESPN 18 Under 18 Award • copped a 2011 Recognition of Excellence Award from Berkeley Prep • 2011 Florida Spirit of Sport Winner from the FHSAA • 2011 WEDU Be More Giving Award Winner • 2010 Lindeman Award recipient from Berkeley Prep.
Bryane Somerton Heaberlin is the daughter of Bryan Heaberlin and Gretchen Keehn • was born November 2, 1993 in St. Petersburg, Fla. • biology major.
Up Close With Bryane Heaberlin
Section #1: Soccer
1. The best thing about being a Tar Heel soccer player is wearing the same jersey that so many greats have worn before me.
2. My favorite thing about competing for Coach Dorrance is the high standards he holds all of his players to.
3. Since last year the aspect of my training I've worked on the most is my distribution.
4. My best friends on another college soccer team are Morgan Brian who plays for University of Virginia and Cari Roccaro from Notre Dame.
5. My greatest strength as a soccer player is my ability to keep the ball out of the net.
Section #2: Interests
1. Away from the soccer field and academic pursuits I like to spend time laughing and playing pranks.
2. The best movie I've seen recently is Lincoln Lawyer.
3. If I could compete in another sport at UNC it would be basketball.
4. The music act I'd most like to see in person is Katy Perry.
5. The personal interest I have that might surprise my teammates is that I love country music.
Section #3: Food & Beverage
1. After a game at Fetzer Field, I'd like to see a buffet spread at McCaskill that included fruit salad, trail mix and lobster tail.
2.My favorite beverage is water.
3. My favorite food made by a relative is my Dad's pea salad.
4. My favorite place to eat in Chapel Hill is 411 West.
5. My favorite guilty pleasure food wise is trail mix.
Section #4: Personality
1. If I possessed the gift of time travel I'd like to go forward to my wedding day and backward to relive my childhood.
2. My most prized personal possession is my 1965 Mustang at home!
3. If I could go to dinner with a famous person it would be Brianna Scurry.
4. My dream job is first string goalkeeper for the US National Team.
5. The most interesting person I've met at UNC is Crystal Dunn.
LinksTop Drawer Soccer