Graduated from high school a year early to join the Tar Heel team • will play for the U.S. in the 2012 U17 World Cup in Azerbaijan September 22-October 13, 2012.
ODP, National Teams & Club Soccer
Current member of the U.S. U17 National Team • broke the CONCACAF U17 Women's Soccer Championship when she scored 12 goals in the five-game qualifying tournament in Guatemala City in May 2012 • had three hat tricks during the tournament • assisted on the game-winning goal in the 1-0 championship game victory over Canada • had three goals and an assist in a 7-0 semifinal win over Panama • scored all three goals by the U.S. in a group play win over Mexico • had a goal and two assists against Trinidad and Tobago and opened the tournament with five goals in a 10-0 win over the Bahamas • played forward and midfield for the Michigan Hawks • led club team to regional championship • member of state and regional ODP teams • trained in national camps since the U13 level • played on team which won Nordic Cup in Denmark • went to London with ECNL Team.
Graduated from Brighton High School in 2012.
Summer Lynn Green is the daughter of Judd and Debie Green • was born May 2, 1995 in Bloomington, Ill. • her father was an ice hockey player at Ferris State University • enjoys horseback riding in her spare time • undeclared major.
Up Close With Summer Green
Section #1: Soccer
1. My greatest strengths as a soccer player are attacking and playing combinations.
Section #2: Interests
1. Away from the soccer field and academic pursuits I like to spend time with friends, family and the ball.
2. The best movie I've seen recently is Inception.
3. If I could compete in another sport at UNC it would be track.
4. The personal interests I have that might surprise my teammates is I wish I could sing and dance (but can't).
Section #3: Food & Beverage
1. After a game at Fetzer Field I'd like to see a buffet spread at McCaskill that included fruit, Nutella and peanut butter sandwiches and fruit snacks.
2. My favorite beverage is water.
3. My favorite food made by a relative is chicken pot pie.
4. My favorite guilty pleasure food wise is Reese's.
Section #4: Personality
1. If I possessed the gift of time travel I'd like to go to my past and long ago to what what it was like.
2. My most prized personal possession is my music.
3. If I could go to dinner with a famous person it would be David Beckham.
4. My dream job is being a personal trainer.
LinksTop Drawer Soccer