ODP, National Teams & Club Soccer
Competed for CASL Chelsea • earned membership on North Carolina U19 State Cup team in 2012 • member of North Carolina ODP Team from 2006-10 • played on teams which won club tournament titles with both '93 CASL Chelsea Team and '92 Triangle United SA Gold Team.
A 2012 graduate of East Chapel Hill High School • played four years of soccer there as a midfielder • also played basketball three years as a point guard • selected to play in North Carolina vs. South Carolina All-Star Soccer Game after her senior year as well as the N.C. East-West All-Star contest • captain of ECHHS as a senior • named All-Conference her sophomore through senior years • member of National Honor Society • an Academic All-Star.
Hanna Marie Gardner is the daughter of Bill and Linda Gardner • was born September 9, 1994 in Chicago, Ill. • undeclared major • an avid artist.
Up Close With Hanna Gardner
Section #1: Soccer
1. The best thing about being a Tar Heel soccer player is the will to win by everyone.
2. My favorite thing about competing for Coach Dorrance is the competitive atmosphere.
3. Since last year the aspect of my training I've worked on the most is technical work at a faster pace.
4. My best friend on another college soccer team is Kylie Tawney of Clemson.
5. My greatest strengths as a soccer player are my fitness abilities and work ethic.
Section #2: Interests
1. Away from the soccer field and academic pursuits I like to spend time playing basketball, Frisbee golf and chilling with the squad.
2. The best movie I've seen recently is Dark Knight Rises.
3. If I could compete in another sport at UNC it would be basketball.
4. The music act I'd most like to see in person is Logic.
5. The personal interests I have that might surprise my teammates is environmental issues.
Section #3: Food & Beverage
1. After a game at Fetzer Field, I'd like to see a buffet spread at McCaskill that included steak, raspberries, Lucky Charms, apple pie, pizza and bacon.
2. My favorite beverages is chocolate milk.
3. My favorite food made by a relative is my Dad's pancakes.
4. My favorite place to eat in Chapel Hill is Sutton's Drug Store.
5. My favorite guilty pleasure food wise is bacon.
Section #4: Personality
1. If I possessed the gift of time travel I'd like to go to the future.
2. If I could go to dinner with a famous person it would be Usain Bolt.