Will red-shirt during the 2012 season after suffering a torn ACL during spring training • won EA Games FIFA Street World freestyle championships as selected by Lionel Messi • has appeared on Ellen Degeneres Show and Good Morning America to show of freestyle skills • was also featured in New York Times and on ESPN and AOL and holds a Guinness World Record for freestyle skills • also participated in Mia Hamm's Celebrity Soccer Challenge in 2011 with Kobe Bryant, Pep Guardiola, Yael Averbuch, Tobin Heath and Heather O'Reilly.
ODP, National Teams & Club Soccer
Competed in club soccer for CASL, Triangle United and Triangle Futbol Club • spent six months training with Glasgow Celtic's youth academy in Scotland • has been capped at the U17 level for Scotland's National Team • played in the United Kingdom's Tesco Cup for Glasgow Celtic, representing Scotland against Manchester City Ladies at Reebok Stadium.
Graduated from Green Hope High School • did not played high school soccer • she practiced with a boys' club team during the high school soccer season • record a 4.3 GPA and won high school's talent contest.
Indi Armstrong Cowie is the daughter of Judith and Logan Cowie • was born September 24, 1994 in Boca Raton, Fla. • majoring in Studio Art • her grandfather, Dick Cowie, played professional soccer for St. Mirren in Scotland.
Up Close With Indi Cowie
Section #1: Soccer
1. The best thing about being a Tar Heel soccer player is the amazing friendship and family atmosphere and also the competitive environment.
2. My favorite thing about competing for Coach Dorrance is Anson's sense of humor.
3. Since last year the aspect of my training I've worked on the most is my fitness.
4. My best friend on another college soccer team is Katie Armstrong at Meredith.
5. My greatest strength as a soccer player is my creativity and technical ability.
Section #2: Interests
1. Away from the soccer field and academic pursuits I like to spend time video editing, photography, hanging with my friends and family and eating.
2. The best movie I've seen recently is Brave.
3. If I could compete in another sport at UNC it would be basketball.
4. The music acts I'd most like to see in person are Tinie Tempah or Katie Perry
5. The personal interests I have that might surprise my teammates is I want to be able to breakdance and longboard.
Section #3: Food & Beverage
1. After a game at Fetzer Field, I'd like to see a buffet spread at McCaskill that included ice cream and chicken mustard and honey mustard.
2. My favorite beverages is Lucozade.
3. My favorite food made by a relative is my Mum's pasta figoli and chocolate tart.
4. My favorite places to eat in Chapel Hill are Sweet Frog and Pita Pitt.
5. My favorite guilty pleasure food wise is anything with sugar.
Section #4: Personality
1. If I possessed the gift of time travel I'd like to go to 1967 to watch Celtic win the Champions League in Lisbon.
2. My most prized personal possession is my dog, Scout.
3. If I could go to dinner with a famous person it would be Lionel Messi.
4. My dream job is being a professional soccer player and freestyler.
5. The most interesting people I've met at UNC are Brittani Bartok and Adelaide Gay.