CHAPEL HILL, N.C. - After an outstanding 2-0 weekend at home, the No. 22 Tar Heels are set to hit the road again, facing Georgia Tech and Clemson this weekend.
UNC will play the Yellow Jackets on Thursday at 7 p.m., and then head to Clemson for a match on Saturday at 7:30 p.m.
Follow the Matches:
- This is the 56th match between UNC and Georgia Tech and the 71st between Carolina and Clemson.
- Earlier this season, the Tar Heels swept the Yellow Jackets 3-0 and topped the Tigers 3-1.
- Carolina has won the last five straight matches against Clemson and the last four facing Georgia Tech.
- Entering this weekend's matches, UNC is 21-4 (12-3), Georgia Tech is 16-10 (7-8), and Clemson is 18-8 (9-6).
- The Tar Heels entered the AVCA Division I Coaches Poll this week at No. 22, and are 16th in the RPI rankings.
- Carolina has won eight straight matches, and the team is undefeated at 12-0 in Carmichael Arena this season.
- Freshman Paige Neuenfeldt is fifth in the ACC for blocks (1.18/s), and senior Tia Gaffen is ninth (1.05/s). Senior Cora Harms is seventh in assists (7.98/s), and sophomore Ece Taner is eighth in digs (4.00/s).
- Carolina is second in assists (13.16/s) and third in opponent hitting (.171), and kills (14.08/s).
- Senior Monique Mead leads the ACC (0.52/s) and junior Kaleigh Colson is second (0.39/s) in aces.
- Colson is also second in assists (10.43/s), and Mead is also second in kills (3.87/s). Senior Annie Czarnecki is third in hitting (.402).
- As a team, the Yellow Jackets lead the conference in aces (1.80/s) and are second in attack (.257).
- Clemson leads the conference in digs (17.32/s), and is third in the ACC for blocks (2.67/s) and aces (1.31/s).
- Senior Natalie Patzin is second in the ACC for digs (4.65/s), and senior Alexa Rand is fourth in blocks (1.21/s).
- Senior Sandra Adeleye is fifth in kills (3.48/s), and junior Hannah Brenner is sixth in assists (9.78/s).