Career Best Times: 23.49 in 50-yard freestyle; 49.37 in 100-yard freestyle; 1:45.66 in 200-yard freestyle; 4:42.51 in 500-yard freestyle.
Long Course Highlights: Placed sixth in 200-meter freestyle at 2012 U.S. Open in a time of 2:00.05...at 2012 U.S. Olympic Trials she was 19th in the 200-meter freestyle (2:00.67) and 25th in the 400-meter freestyle semifinals (4:14.68).
2011-12: Had a spectacular freshman season...named the winner of the Jamerson Memorial Award as the team's Most Improved Swimmer...took a trio of Top 6 finishes at the ACC Championships...was the runner-up in the 200-yard freestyle to teammate Stephanie Peacock in a then career best 1:46.31...placed fifth in the 500-yard freestyle in 4:43.59...notched a sixth-place finish in the 100-yard freestyle in 49.87...member of 400-yard medley relay team which won the ACC championship in the event in 3:35.71 (her freestyle anchor leg was 49.19)...swam on three freestyle relay teams at the ACC meet...the 800 free relay team was conference runner-up while the 400 free relay team was third and the 200 free relay team fourth...named to the 2012 All-ACC Team...a 2012 honorable mention All-America in the 800-yard freestyle relay (placed 14th at NCAA Championships)...named to 2012 All-ACC Academic Women's Swimming Team...named to 2011-12 ACC Academic Honor Roll...excelled during the dual meet season...won two events against ECU and single events against Georgia Tech and Virginia Tech....rocked the pool at the 2011 Nike Cup...swam on three relays which won Nike Cup titles (200 free relay, 400 free relay, 800 free relay)...also swam on a 400 medley relay team which placed third...individually, she placed second in the 200 free (1:48.86), secondin the 100 free (50.62), sixth in the 500 free (4:52.22) and 14th in the 50 free (24.19)...placed sixth in 2011 Pier-2-Pier Championships in Wrightsville Beach, N.C., finishing the 1.7-mile course in 37 minutes, 44 seconds.
Prep: A graduate of Downingtown East High School in Exton, Pa. ...swam there for four years as a freestyler and also played one year of lacrosse...did her club swimming for the Malvern Swimming Association...high school team captain...nine-time high school All-America selection...three-time U.S. Swimming Scholastic All-America honoree...Academic All-America...Pennsylvania state champion and record holder in both the 100- and 200-yard freestyles...three-time district champion and the district record holder in both of those events...National Honor Society member...member of Fellowship of Christian Athletes.
Personal: Danielle Nicole Siverling is the daughter of Curt and Mary Beth Siverling...her father was a basketball team captain and academic All-America at Grove City College...her uncle played on a pair of national championship football teams at Penn State...she has a twin sister who is a sophomore swimmer at Penn State...was born October 3, 1992 in Houston, Texas...stands 6-0 tall...undeclared major.
18 Questions With Sophomore Danielle Siverling
Section #1: Swimming & Diving
1. The best thing about being a Tar Heel swimmer is having teammates with common goals who are fun to be around.
2. My favorite thing about competing for Coach DeSelm is his ability to explain a concept using only hand gestures.
3. Since last year the aspect of my training I've worked on the most is learning how to suck it up and train distance.
4. My best friend on another college swim team is Megan Siverling at Penn State.
5. My greatest strengths as a swimmer is the support I get from my family.
Section #2: Hobbies & Interests
1. Away from the pool and academic pursuits I like to spend time with friends, at the beach, reading, or baking.
2. The best movie I've seen recently is The Help.
3. If I could compete in another sport at UNC it would be volleyball.
4. The music act I'd most like to see in person is Surgarland.
Section #3: Food & Beverage
1. After a big meet, I'd like to eat at a buffet spread that included pasta, chicken, seafood and ice cream.
2. My favorite beverage is chocolate milk.
3. My favorite food made by a relative is my grandma's baked goods.
4. My favorite place to eat in Chapel Hill is Tomato Jake's .
5. My favorite guilty pleasure food wise is anything chocolate.
Section #4: Personality
1. If I possessed the gift of time travel I'd like to go to the sixties to see all of the social movements.
2. If I could go to dinner with a famous person it would be J.K. Rowling.
3. My dream job is a writer or a teacher
4. The most interesting person I've met at UNC is Dan O'Connor.