Career Best Times: 4:46.90 in 500-yard freestyle; 54.65 in 100-yard backstroke; 1:55.08 in 200-yard backstroke; 2:01.91 in 200-yard individual medley; 4:14.47 in 400-yard individual medley.
Prep: Graduated in 2012 from Appleby College in Oakville, Ontario...swam there from 2008-13 as an individual medleyist and backstroker...varsity award recipient for swimming in 2012...member of Canadian Junior National Team...Canadian national age group record holder in 200-meter backstroke...career best long course times are 4:49.43 in 400-meter individual medley, 2:14.07 in 200-meter backstroke and 4:18.00 in 400-meter freestyle...Ontario ScholarPersonal: Full name is Annie Melinda Harrison...stands 5-10 tall...was born July 15, 1994 in Oakville, Ontario...her mother was a 1984 Olympian in the 200-meter backstroke for Canada...undeclared major at UNC.
17 Questions With Freshman Annie Harrison
Section #1: Swimming & Diving
1. The best thing about being a Tar Heel diver is the amazing team!
2. My favorite thing about competing for Coach DeSelm is that he is dedicated to helping us achieve our goals.
3. Since last year the aspect of my training I've worked on the most is the back half of my races.
4. My best friend on another college diving team is Marni Oldershaw (Michigan University).
5. My greatest strength as a diver is how much I want to win.
Section #2: Hobbies & Interests
1. Away from the pool and academics, I like to spend time with my friends and family, reading and just hanging out.
2. The best movie I've seen recently is The Dark Knight Rises.
3. If I could compete in another sport at UNC it would be nothing...I am way to uncoordinated!
4. The music act I'd most like to see in person is the Mumford and Sons.
5. The personal interest I have that might surprise my teammates is that I love watching the medical shows on Discovery Health such as Mystery Diagnosis.
Section #3: Food & Beverage
1. After a big meet, I'd like to eat at a buffet spread that included pasta, chocolate milk and lots of ice cream for dessert!
2. My favorite beverage is Root Beer.
3. My favorite food made by a relative is Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding.
4. My favorite place to eat in Chapel Hill is I'm not sure yet!
5. My favorite guilty pleasure food wise is Red Velvet Cupcakes.
Section #4: Personality
1. If I possessed the gift of time travel I would go to Victorian England.
2. If I could go to dinner with a famous person it would be JK Rowling.