Carolina (104) vs. Chaminade (61)
November 21, 2016
UNC Scoring Leader: Isaiah Hicks (22)
UNC Rebound Leader: Kennedy Meeks (10)
• The Tar Heels are now 5-0 this season, 1-0 at neutral sites.
• The Tar Heels are 16-3 in Maui in their seventh Maui Invitational.
• The Tar Heels have won 16 games in the Lahaina Civic Center. UNC has won more games in its history in just 18 other buildings. A win tomorrow or Wednesday would equal the number of wins by Carolina in the RBC Center in Raleigh, N.C., and the Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Winston-Salem, N.C.
• Carolina shot a season-high 57.8 percent from the floor.
• Carolina had a season-high rebound margin of plus 29 (52-23).
• This was the third time in five games that UNC grabbed 50 or more rebounds. The 52 tied the season high with the win
• Carolina scored a season-high 104 points. It’s the most points since UNC scored 106 at Florida State on 1/4/16.
• Carolina is 51-1 under head coach Roy Williams when it scores 100 points.
• Carolina has won 50 consecutive times when scoring 100 or more points.
• Carolina is 32-5 in the state of Hawai’i.
Tar Heel Player Notes
• Hicks set a career scoring high with 22. He had 21 as a sophomore at Boston College and 21 last year at Syracuse.
• The eight field goals by Hicks are a career high.
• It was Hicks’ third career 20-point game and the fifth 20-point career game for Meeks.
• Meeks posted his second double-double of the season and the 14th of his career with 20 points and 10 rebounds.
• Meeks was 7 for 7 from the floor, his best game ever without a miss. He was 6 for 6 from the floor against Davidson in 2013-14.
• Tony Bradley had a season-high 14 points. He has scored in double figures in all five games.
• Senior Stilman White scored a career-high five points. His previous high was four against Kansas in the NCAA Elite Eight in St. Louis in 2012.
• Freshman Brandon Robinson shared the team lead in assists (with Joel Berry) with four in just 14 minutes. He suffered a cut lip that required him leaving the game in the first half. He received three stitches in the locker room at halftime and returned to play nine minutes in the second half.
• Joel Berry II tied his career high with four steals.
• Nate Britt tied his career high with three steals.
• Kenny Williams had three offensive rebounds and tied his career high with three steals.
Roy Williams Notes
• Tonight’s game was his 997th as a college head coach.
• Is 788-209 overall and 370-108 at Carolina.
• Williams is three games shy of 1,000 games as a college head coach and 13 wins from 800 wins.
• Williams is 14-2 in six Maui Invitational appearances.
• Carolina is 3-0 vs. Chaminade.
• The Tar Heels have scored 100 or more points in all three games.
• Carolina has shot 60 percent from the floor in a half in all three games.
Tuesday, November 22 vs. Oklahoma State, in the Maui Jim Invitational semifinals,
5:30 p.m. Hawaiian Time (10:30 p.m. Eastern Time)