Carolina Postgame Notes vs. Hawai’I
Carolina 83, Hawai’I 68
November 18, 2016
UNC Scoring Leader: Isaiah Hicks (16)
UNC Rebound Leader: Tony Bradley (13)
UNC Assist Leader: Joel Berry II (6)
• The Tar Heels are now 4-0 on the season, 2-0 on the road.
• Carolina shot 63.3 percent from the floor in the second half, its highest percentage in any half this year.
• That followed a first half in which UNC shot a season-low for any half at 35.1 percent.
• Hawai’i shot 55.2 percent from the floor in the second half. Previous high in a half by the opponents was the second half by Long Beach State which shot 45.7 percent.
• Carolina shot a season-best 73.3 percent from the free throw line (11 for 15).
Tar Heel Player Notes
• Freshman Tony Bradley scored in double figures for the fourth straight game (most to start a career since Brandan Wright did it in the first 18 games in 2006-07).
• Bradley also grabbed a season-high 13 rebounds, most by a UNC freshman since Kennedy Meeks had 13 against Iowa State in the 2014 NCAA Tournament.
• Nate Britt scored a season-high 13 points on 5 of 9 shooting from the floor and 3 of 5 from three-point range. It was his 16th time in double figures as a Tar Heel and his first since he had 10 against Miami on 2/20/16. It was his highest scoring game since he had 17 against Davidson on 12/6/15.
• Isaiah Hicks led UNC with 16 points on 7 of 8 shooting from the floor. It matched his season high (also 16 at Tulane).
• Joel Berry II had a season-high six assists but was 1 for 9 from the floor (0 for 5 3FGs). His previous high for attempts without making a three-pointer was four against Syracuse in the 2016 national semifinal.
• Kenny Williams made two three-pointers in a game for the first time as a Tar Heel.
Roy Williams Notes
• Tonight’s game was his 996th as a college head coach.
• Is 787-209 overall and 369-108 at Carolina.
• Williams moves ahead of Lefty Driesell for ninth place all-time in wins by a Division I head coach.
• Williams is four games shy of 1,000 games as a college head coach and 14 wins from 800 wins.
• Carolina is 5-0 vs. Hawai’i, including 4-0 in Honolulu.
• Carolina is 31-5 in Hawai’i and 16-2 in Honolulu.
Next Game: Monday, November 21 vs. Chaminade in the Maui Jim Maui Invitational. Game time is 6:30 p.m. Hawaiian Time, 11:30 p.m. Eastern. The game will be televised by ESPN2.