Carolina 97, Chattanooga 57
Chapel Hill, N.C.
UNC Scoring Leader: Joel Berry II (18)
UNC Rebound Leader: Kennedy Meeks (12)
UNC Assist Leader: Joel Berry II (5), Justin Jackson (5), Kenny Williams (5)
• 100-7 in home openers, including 83 wins in the last 86 home openers.
• Has won 15 consecutive home openers.
• The 40-point margin is UNC’s largest since beating East Carolina by 44 on 12/7/14.
• Had 26 assists on 34 baskets. Has 49 assists on 68 field goals in the first two games.
• Made seven three-pointers on 15 attempts and held UTC to seven 3FGs on 27 attempts.
• Allowed five three-pointers in the first 9:37 of the opening half, then held UTC to just two three-pointers the rest of the game, including no threes in the final 14:21.
• Grabbed 51 rebounds and has 50 or more in each of the first two games (52 at Tulane).
• Scored 33 points off 26 UTC turnovers (Tar Heels had 14 steals). That’s more points off turnovers since UNC scored 33 against Chaminade on 11/21/12.
• Six Tar Heels scored in double figures (first time since a win over Miami on 2/20/16).
Tar Heel Player Notes
• Kennedy Meeks became the 73rd Tar Heel to score 1,000 career points. UNC has more 1,000-point scorers in its history than any school in the nation.
• Meeks had 14 points and a game-high 12 rebounds. It was his 13th career double-double. He added three blocks and two steals.
• Joel Berry II had 18 points, five assists. He is averaging 20.5 points in the first two games.
• Kenny Williams scored a career-high 11 points and also had career highs in rebounds (6), assists (5) and steals (3).
• Freshman Tony Bradley scored in double figures for the second time in as many games. He had 12 points and eight boards.
Roy Williams Notes
• Today’s game was his 994th as a college head coach.
• Is 785-209 overall and 367-108 at Carolina.
• Williams is six games shy of 1,000 games as a college head coach and 15 wins from 800 wins.
• Carolina is 5-0 vs. the Mocs, including 3-0 in Chapel Hill.
Next Game: Tuesday, November 15 vs. Long Beach State, 8 p.m., ACC Network Extra, Dean E. Smith Center