North Carolina 75, Northern Kentucky 60
Dec. 27, 2013
- • Tar Heels are now 9-3 overall and 6-2 at home this year
- • Tonight's win is Carolina's 2,099th. The next win will make UNC the third school with at least 2,100 wins (Kentucky and Kansas).
- • Sophomore guard Marcus Paige had a game-high and career-best nine rebounds. It was the second time in his career that he led UNC in rebounding.
- • Paige hit three three-pointers and finished with 11 points. He is the only Tar Heel to score in double figures in each of the first 12 games.
- • Carolina blocked 15 shots, tying the second-highest figure in UNC history. It is the most since blocking 15 at Duke on March 8, 2008.
- • Brice Johnson (3) and Isaiah Hicks (3) both had career highs in blocks. Seven different Tar Heels blocked shots.
- • Leslie McDonald made three three-pointers, all in the first half. He has eight in his first three games this season. UNC players other than Marcus Paige had combined to make four three-pointers in the first nine games that McDonald sat out.
- • Carolina forced a season-low eight turnovers (previous low by opponents was 12 by UAB and Texas) and scored just three points off those miscues.
- • The Tar Heels shot 50 percent from the floor in the second half. That is the eighth time in 12 games this season that UNC shot 50 percent or better in the second half. And it was the seventh time UNC shot 50 percent or better in the second half after shooting less than 50 percent from the floor in the opening half.