North Carolina 97, Davidson 85 (ot)
Dec. 21, 2013
• Carolina is now 8-3 overall and 5-2 at the Smith Center this year.
• This was Carolina's first overtime game since beating Virginia Tech, 72-60, on Feb. 3, 2013.
• The Tar Heels are now 58-51 in overtime games, including 8-7 under head coach Roy Williams.
• Carolina has won each of its last five overtime games and eight of its last 10.
• Sophomore forward J.P. Tokoto delivered career highs in field goals (8), free throws (5), points (22), rebounds (11), blocks (4) and steals (5). His previous scoring high was 16 in the loss at UAB. He has scored in double figures six times this year and is averaging 12.8 points over the last six games.
• Tokoto made 5 of 6 free throw attempts, his highest percentage in any game as a Tar Heel with at least five attempts.
• Carolina made a season-high 34 free throws and shot 72.3 percent from the line. The Tar Heels were 11 for 12 from the line in overtime (.917).
• Marcus Paige, Carolina's leading scorer for the season, did not score a point until there was 8:17 to play in the second half. He finished the game with 17 points, scoring all 17 in the final 13:17 including overtime. Paige scored 11 of UNC's 18 points in the overtime, including a three-pointer with 2:47 to play that gave Carolina an 88-80 lead.
• Brice Johnson, who was the third-leading scorer entering the game, had a season-low two points and did not score until the 10:51 mark of the second half.
• James Michael McAdoo had 19 points, seven rebounds, a career-high five assists, four steals and a key block in overtime. He was 9 for 14 from the free throw line.
• Freshman guard Nate Britt scored 11 points, the third time in the last five games that he has scored in double figures. He scored six points in overtime and played stellar defense, as Davidson's leading scorer Brian Sullivan (33 points for the game with seven threes) went without a three-pointer in the overtime.
• Sullivan's seven three pointers are the most by a Tar Heel opponent this season (Louisville's Russ Smith made six).
• Kennedy Meeks had 13 points and a season-high three blocks. He was a season-best 6 for 6 from the floor.
• The Tar Heels were a combined 17 of 27 from the floor (.630) in the second half and overtime (14 of 24 in the second half and 3 for 3 in OT).
• The Tar Heels are now 62-11 against Davidson, including 4-0 under head coach Roy Williams.