North Carolina 81, UNCG 50
- • Tar Heels are now 6-2 overall and 3-1 at home this season.
- • This was the first-ever meeting between the Tar Heels and UNCG. Roy Williams, however, is now 2-0 against the Spartans.
- • Carolina forced a season-high 21 turnovers and scored a season-best 28 points off UNCG turnovers (previous highs were 17 turnovers by Richmond and 27 points off turnovers vs. the Spiders).
- • Brice Johnson led five Tar Heels in double figure scoring with 14 points. Marcus Paige (12) scored in double figures for the eighth time in as many games; James Michael McAdoo (13) reached double figures for the first time in his last five contests; Nate Britt (11) has scored in double figures in each of the last two games.
- • Paige handed out eight assists, not only his season best, but the most by any Tar Heel this season. His assist-error ratio of 8:1 is his best in 43 collegiate games.
- • Kennedy Meeks had 12 points, eight rebounds and two assists in 15 minutes. He led Carolina and shared game honors with eight rebounds. It was the third time in eight games he has led the Tar Heels in rebounds.
- • Carolina had a season-high 21 assists with Paige (8), J.P. Tokoto (4) and Britt (4) combining for 16 of the 21.
- • The Tar Heels led 19-13 with 7:38 to play in the first half, then went on a 25-1 run to end the half. That included closing the first half by scoring 20 consecutive points. It was the first time UNC has posted a 20-point run since scoring 23 straight points against Elon on Dec. 29, 2011.