North Carolina 62, Holy Cross 54
November 15, 2013
- • The Tar Heels are now 2-0 overall and 2-0 at home this season. Carolina is now 340-59 in 399 games at the Dean E. Smith Center. Sunday's game against Belmont will be UNC's 400th game in the Smith Center.
- • Marcus Paige scored a career-high 23 points to lead all scorers. It was his first 20-point game as a Tar Heel. His previous career high was 19 against Virginia Tech on Feb. 3, 2013.
- • Brice Johnson scored 12 points and has scored in double figures in each of the first two games this year. Last year he scored in double figures nine times, but not in the last 21 games. Johnson also blocked two shots and had five rebounds.
- • J.P. Tokoto scored all six of his points in the second half and added seven rebounds and five assists. It was the second time in as many games that he had five assists, which is a career high.
- • After Holy Cross took a 32-29 lead with 16:39 to play, the Tar Heels went on an 18-3 run over the next 7:10 to build a 47-35 lead. Paige (6), Johnson (6) and Tokoto (4) combined for 16 of the 18 Tar Heel points.
- • Carolina shot 27.3 percent from the floor in the first half and 51.9 percent in the second half.
- • In the first two games, the opponents have shot just 12 for 56 from the floor in the first half (.214). Tonight, Holy Cross was 6 for 27 from the floor in the opening half, but rallied from an 11-point deficit to force a 25-all tie at intermission.
- • Kennedy Meeks grabbed a game-high eight rebounds in 13 minutes.