North Carolina 93, East Carolina 87
December 15, 2012
- Tar Heels are now 8-2 overall, 5-0 at home.
- UNC is now 3-0 all-time against East Carolina, 1-0 in Chapel Hill.
- Senior guard Dexter Strickland handed out a career-high 10 assists and posted his first collegiate double-double with 11 points and 10 assists.
- Strickland has 26 assists in the last three games. He set his career high with nine against UAB, had seven against East Tennessee State and now topped his career high again with 10 against ECU.
- Strickland's previous high for assists in any three-game span in his college career was 14, earlier this year against Florida Atlantic, Long Beach and Mississippi State.
- Strickland has 50 assists and 16 turnovers this year, an assist-error ratio of 3.1 to 1. He is averaging 5.0 assists per game. His previous season-best for assist average was 2.2 per game as a sophomore in 2010-11.
- Sophomore guard P.J. Hairston tied his season high for scoring with 18 points, 14 of which came in the second half. It was Hairston's sixth double-figure scoring effort in his last seven games. Hairston made 6 of 10 shots from the floor and had six rebounds, three of which came on the offensive end.
- Freshman forward J.P. Tokoto set his season scoring high with 10 points (he has 19 in the last two games). He also established a season high with five rebounds.
- Hairston and Tokoto scored UNC's next 11 points (seven by Hairston and four by Tokoto) after the Pirates pulled within seven with 14:27 to play in the second half.
- James Michael McAdoo scored nine of his 19 points at free throw. He made a career-high nine free throws and converted 9 of 10 from the line.