Belmont 83, North Carolina 80
Sunday, November 17, 2013
- • Carolina drops to 2-1 overall. The Tar Heels return to action on Saturday, November 23, in Uncasville, Conn, against Richmond.
- • This was the 400th UNC game in the Smith Center. The loss drops UNC's record to 340-60 in those 400 games.
- • This was just the Tar Heels' 15thnon-conference loss in the Smith Center. Carolina is 169-15 against non-ACC teams in the Smith Center.
- • This was the second non-ACC loss for the Tar Heels in Roy Williams' 11 years as head coach. The last non-conference team to win in the Smith Center was Illinois (68-64) on Nov. 29, 2005, in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.
- • Carolina is now 81-2 in non-ACC games in the Smith Center under Roy Williams.
- • James Michael McAdoo scored a career-high 27 points. He was 8 for 17 from the floor and 11 of 19 from the free throw line. Those are career highs for McAdoo for free throws made and attempted.
- • McAdoo also had 13 rebounds for his first double-double of the season and the 10thof his career.
- • J.P. Tokoto grabbed a career-high nine rebounds.
- • Brice Johnson had 14 points on 6 of 7 shots from the floor. It was his third time in double figure scoring in as many games this year.
- • Carolina made 22 of 48 free throws for 45.8 percent. Belmont made 20 of 22 from the free throw line (90.9 percent).
- • Belmont made 15 three pointers, equaling the second-most threes made against a Roy Williams-coached Tar Heel team. Four other teams made 15 (Miami in 2012-13, Notre Dame in 2008-09, Tennessee in 2006-07 and Florida State in 2003-04) and William and Mary made 16 in 2009-10.
- • The 26 missed free throws by the Tar Heels are the most in the Roy Williams' era at Carolina. On Dec. 19, 2011, Carolina went 21 for 41 from the line against Nicholls. The 20 missed free throws in that game had been the most misses in a game prior to today's game.