NCAA College World Series Game 3
North Carolina Notes
June 16, 2013
• C/OF Brian Holberton had two hits in a game for the 15th time this season and recorded his 22nd multi-hit game of the year. Holberton has now produced 36 career multi-hit games.
• DH Landon Lassiter extended his season-long hitting streak to nine games with an RBI double in the ninth inning. Lassiter has reached base in 60 of his 66 games played this season.
• 3B Colin Moran drew his 130th career walk Sunday. He is the fourth player in UNC history to reach 130 career walks and he is three walks behind Dustin Ackley (133) for third all-time at Carolina.
• RHP Chris McCue threw 2.1 innings of scoreless relief, his seventh scoreless relief appearance in his last eight outings. McCue lowered his ERA to 2.09 for the season.
• LHP Tate Parrish made his 19th appearance of 2013 and has yet to allow a run. Opponents are hitting .148 against Parrish this season.
• Carolina tied the CWS record for most pitchers used in a single game with eight.
• The loss drops Carolina to 15-20 all-time in the College World Series. Carolina is 3-7 in the opening game of the CWS in 10 appearances, but the Tar Heels are 3-3 in the second game after a first game loss with wins in 1978, 2009 and 2011.
• Carolina established a new school record for walks in a season with two on Sunday. The Tar Heels how have 359 on the year, one more than the 2011 mark of 358.