Points Per Possession: Carolina 1.08 (78 points on 72 possessions); Miami .71 (53 points on 75 possessions)
• Carolina is 27-6 overall this year, 4-1 in neutral sites.
• This was the 2,200nd win in Carolina history. Only Kentucky and Kansas have also won that many games.
• Carolina shot 83.3 percent (15x18) from the free throw line, its highest percentage in an ACC game this year and its highest since making 12 of 12 against Wisconsin in the finals of the Maui Invitational.
• Carolina shot 52.4 percent from the floor in the first half, 53.1 in the second and 52.8 for the game.
• UNC has shot 50 percent from the floor in each of the last four halves (.500 and .516 against Duke).
• This was the seventh time this year UNC shot 50 percent from the floor in both halves – UNC is 6-1 in those games (wins over Chaminade, Oklahoma State, at Wake Forest, at NC State, Duke and Miami and a loss to Kentucky).
• Miami out-scored Carolina, 12-8, on second-chance points. This was the third time this year the opponents scored more second-chance points (Long Beach State, at Virginia and Miami).
Tar Heel Player Notes
• Nate Britt and Isaiah Hicks played in their 59th ACC win (52 regular season and seven Tournament). That is the most ACC wins in Carolina history. The previous record was 58 by Danny Green and Tyler Hansbrough.
• Isaiah Hicks led UNC with 19 points. He has 40 points in his last two games, most since he had 22 against Florida State and 20 vs. Syracuse on 1/14 and 1/16 of this year.
• Hicks went a career-best 9 for 9 from the free throw line, which is also the best perfect game by any Tar Heel this year. His previous best was 6 for 6 twice; UNC’s previous best this year was 7 for 7 by Justin Jackson vs. Oklahoma State and 7 for 7 by Joel Berry II against Long Beach.
• This was the fourth time this year and the sixth time in his career Hicks led UNC in scoring.
• Theo Pinson led UNC with six assists, the seventh time in 14 games this year he led UNC in an assists.
• ACC Player of the Year Justin Jackson had 12 points, three assists and two steals. It was the 23rd time this year in 33 games Jackson made multiple 3FGs in a game.
• Jackson has made 87 three-pointers this year which ties him for fifth in UNC single-season history with Donald Williams (1995) and Kenny Smith (1987).
Roy Williams Notes
• 810-215 overall, 392-114 at UNC, 22-10 in ACC Tournament games
Series Notes vs. Miami
• Carolina leads 21-7, including 2-1 in the ACC Tournaments
• Roy Williams is 15-6 vs. Miami at Carolina and 17-7 vs. the Hurricanes all-time
• Carolina is 97-44 in the ACC Tournament, including 44-13 in the quarterfinals, 51-14 as a No. 1 seed and 6-0 vs. No. 9 seeds
• Carolina is 2-0 in the Barclays Center
• Carolina is 36-23 in New York City (28-13 in the current Madison Square Garden, 6-10 in from 1936-66 in the original MSG and 2-0 in the Barclays Center).