North Carolina (24-4) will face fifth seed Duke on Saturday at 10 a.m.
Carolina won the doubles point to take the early 1-0 lead. Ashley Dai and Kate Vaille were the first to finish on court three, while Jamie Loeb and Tessa Lyons followed soon after with a victory on court two to secure the opening point.
Singles play continued to favor the Tar Heels as Vialle and Lyons won in straight sets on courts five and six, respectively, for a 3-0 lead over the Seminoles.
From that moment it was a race between Jame Loeb on court one and Caroline Price on court two for the final point of the morning. With both players up a set and leading 5-3 in the second, Price got the win first to clinch the 4-0 victory.
#11 North Carolina 4, #42 Florida State 0
1. #1 Jamie Loeb (NC) vs. #123 Kerrie Cartwright (FS) 6-4, 5-3, unfinished
2. #50 Caroline Price (NC) def. Daneika Borthwick (FS) 6-2, 6-3
3. Whitney Kay (NC) vs. Mia Vriens (FS) 0-6, 5-5, unfinished
4. #111 Ashley Dai (NC) vs. Daniela Schippers (FS) 4-6, 1-5, unfinished
5. Kate Vialle (NC) def. Kristina Schleich (FS) 6-1, 6-3
6. Tessa Lyons (NC) def. Laurence Porry (FS) 6-2, 6-2
1. #10 Whitney Kay/Caroline Price (NC) vs. #44 Daneika Borthwick/Kerrie Cartwright (FS) 6-5, unfinished
2. Jamie Loeb/Tessa Lyons (NC) def. Kristina Schleich/Duda Santos (FS) 8-4
3. Ashley Dai/Kate Vialle (NC) def. Mia Vriens/Daniela Schippers (FS) 8-4
Florida State 15-11; National ranking #42
North Carolina 24-4; National ranking #11
Order of finish: Doubles (3,2); Singles (5,6,2)