CHAPEL HILL --- No. 29 North Carolina kicks off a five-game homestand against in-state foe North Carolina A&T Tuesday at 6 p.m. at Boshamer Stadium. Carolina is 18-13 and 7-8 in the Atlantic Coast Conference after a series win at Boston College last weekend. North Carolina A&T is 11-21 and has lost nine games in a row following a three-game sweep at North Carolina Central. This week also marks the first of three consecutive five-game weeks, as the Tar Heels host Coastal Carolina on Wednesday at 6.
AT A GLANCE
Records: North Carolina 18-13, North Carolina A&T 11-21, Coastal Carolina 14-19
Rankings: North Carolina is ranked No. 29 by the NCBWA. North Carolina A&T and Coastal Carolina are unranked.
Video: GoHeelsTV. Both midweek games will be streamed live on GoHeels.com.
Audio: GoHeels.com. A live audio stream will be available on GoHeels.com.
On The Web: GoHeels.com • Twitter: @DiamondHeels
|Carolina Probable Starters||Opponent Probable Starters|
|Tuesday||RHP A.J. Bogucki (0-0, 4.91 ERA)||LHP DarAmani Swift (1-4, 4.71 ERA)|
|Wednesday||RHP Taylore Cherry (0-0, 4.66 ERA)||TBA|
CAROLINA-NORTH CAROLINA A&T SERIES HISTORY
• North Carolina is 2-1 all-time against North Carolina A&T, including a 1-0 record under head coach Mike Fox.
• Carolina has only faced A&T once since 1996, a 5-0 victory in Cary in 2008. The two schools split a pair of high-scoring games in the 1990s.
CAROLINA-COASTAL CAROLINA SERIES HISTORY
• North Carolina is 41-15 all-time against Coastal Carolina, including a 16-4 record under head coach Mike Fox.
• The Tar Heels and Chanticleers have been familiar opponents over the years. The two schools have met at least once every season since 1996.
• Carolina has won three straight over Coastal, including a 7-1 victory over the Chants on Feb. 18 of last year. Coastal's last win came in 2010, a 12-4 decision in Chapel Hill.