1. It's incredible the difference between the Carolina team that played Wake Forest on Saturday and the Carolina team that played Wake Forest in Winston-Salem. There just aren't many similarities at all in any area of the game. The Tar Heels did everything--everything--better today than they did in the first meeting.
2. What was especially impressive was the way Carolina still managed to play with good defensive intensity in the second half, long after the game had been decided and less than 48 hours after an energy-sapping win over Duke. It was pretty evident in the building that most of the fans in attendance were still thinking more about the Blue Devils than about the Demon Deacons. That wasn't true for the team on the floor, a credit to the players and the coaches.
3. Of course, as Roy Williams says, everything looks better when the ball goes on the basket, and Carolina shot a school record 11-for-15 (73.3%) from the three-point line and 24-for-29 (82.8%) from the free throw line.
4. That type of play on the court enabled the last four or five minutes to be very fun. The Carolina bench went crazy when Wade Moody made his first three-pointer, exploded when Moody's second three-pointer put the Tar Heels over 100 points (to serenades of "We want biscuits" from the crowd) and desperately wanted him to get a third three-point attempt off on a late possession when he was open on the wing.
5. The best thing about the easy win: minimal minutes for some key Tar Heels. Marcus Paige played just 28 minutes, J.P. Tokoto just 24 and James Michael McAdoo only 19.
6. We'll have more on Leslie McDonald later today, but it's noticeable how much more he is in the rhythm of the Carolina offense than he was just a few weeks ago. He takes the shots he should take, doesn't take the shots he shouldn't take, and appears to have a much better understanding of where he fits in the UNC offense.
7. 4-0 in a tough eight-day stretch says all you need to know about this particular team's toughness and potential. Now the question: have they peaked? Williams, in so many words, reminded them immediately after the game in the locker room not to let that happen.
8. Cool feature at halftime to honor the Tar Heel Trailblazers. If you didn't get to be in the Smith Center, here's the video: