CHAPEL HILL, N.C. - No. 14 North Carolina will close out the regular season this week with two final road matches at Wake Forest and Duke.
UNC faces the Demon Deacons on Wednesday at 1 p.m., and then heads to the Blue Devils on Friday for a 3 p.m. match.
The Tar Heels' postseason plans will be announced during the NCAA Selection Show, which airs on ESPNU on Sunday, Dec. 1, at 9:30 p.m.
Follow the Matches
• UNC is 40-13 all-time against Wake Forest, sweeping the Deacs 3-0 earlier this season. Carolina is 52-46 against Duke, dropping a 3-0 match earlier this year.
• North Carolina enters the match 26-3 and 15-3 in conference play. Wake Forest is 15-15, 4-14 ACC, and Duke has a 25-4 overall record while leading the ACC with a 16-2 mark.
• Last outings: Carolina swept NC State on Wednesday and edged Maryland 3-2 on Sunday. Wake Forest lost 3-0 to Florida State on Friday and Miami on Sunday, and Duke swept Miami 3-0 on Friday but dropped to Florida State, 3-0, on Sunday.
Top Tar Heels
• Head coach Joe Sagula earned his 700th career victory in Carolina's 3-2 win over Maryland on Sunday.
• North Carolina leads the conference in opponent hitting (.160), and ranks second in assists (13.29/set) and kills (14.31/set). The Tar Heels are third in aces (1.48/set) and fourth in blocks (2.58/set) and hitting percentage (.249).
• Paige Neuenfeldt ranks second in the ACC with a .368 attack, Ece Taner is eighth with 4.03 digs/set, and Victoria McPherson's 1.17 blocks/set ranks 10th.
• Jovana Bjelica leads UNC with 326 kills as well as 27 aces, 159 digs and 56 blocks.
• Paige Neuenfeldt has registered 201 kills with a .368 hitting percentage and 111 blocks, and Victoria McPherson has 191 kills with 104 blocks.
Scouting the Opponents
• Wake Forest ranks third in the ACC with 15.55 digs/set, led by Megan Miller's 4.27 digs/ set, which ranks fifth.
• WFU's Sophia Dodd ranks ninth with 8.81 assists/set, and Matalee Reed's 0.30 aces/set is 10th.
• Kristin Grissom leads Wake Forest with 332 kills and 120 blocks. Matalee Reed has 221 kills with 31 aces, 167 digs and 64 blocks, and Kylie Hargreaves has 293 kills with 45 blocks and 293 digs.
• Duke leads the conference with 13.84 assists/set, 14.94 kills/set, and 16.29 digs/set. The Blue Devils are second in team hitting (.258).
• Ali McCurdy leads the conference with 4.91 digs/set. She holds the all-time ACC leader spot in that category.
• Maggie Deichmeister leads with 11.42 assists/set, and Emily Skylar is second with 3.97 kills/set.
• Emiy Skylar has tallied 349 kills with 172 digs and 31 blocks, while Jeme Obeime has 322 kills with a .310 attack, and 39 blocks. Chelsea Cook leads Duke with 116 blocks, and Ali McCurdy has 481 digs for the season.