• UNC is 43-19 all-time vs. Maryland. The Tar Heels edged the Terps earlier at home this year, 3-2, in an exciting match at the Dean E. Smith Center prior to Late Night with Roy.
• Carolina enters the match 25-3 and 14-3 in ACC play, while Maryland is 13-15 with a 5-11 conference mark. The Terrapins will face Pittsburgh on the road Friday.
#14 North Carolina
• Last Outing: Carolina swept NC State 3-0 on the road on Wednesday after defeating both Virginia Tech (3-0) and Virginia (3-1) last weekend.
• Head coach Joe Sagula is just one win away from reaching 700 career wins.
• UNC ranks second in opponent hitting (.161), kills (14.33/set), aces (1.46/set) and assists (13.33/set). The Tar Heels are fourth in blocks (2.56/set) and hitting percentage (.254).
• Paige Neuenfeldt is third in the conference with a .364 hitting percentage, and Victoria McPherson's .312 attack is ninth, while her 1.15 blocks/set ranks 10th. Ece Taner ranks 10th with 3.98 digs/set.
• Jovana Bjelica leads Carolina with 306 kills, 27 aces, 141 digs and 55 blocks.
• Paige Neuenfeldt has registered 106 blocks with 193 kills, and Leigh Andrew has 207 kills with 278 digs while Victoria McPherson has notched 97 blocks with a .307 hitting percentage.
Scouting the Terrapins
• Last Outing: Maryland dropped matches to Boston College (3-0) and Syracuse (3-1) this past weekend. The Terps face Pittsburgh on the road on Friday before returning home to face UNC Sunday.
• Maryland ranks second in the ACC with 2.72 blocks/set, and the Terps are fourth in opponent hitting with .177.
• Sarah Harper ranks second in the conference with 4.79 digs/set, and Ashlyn MacGregor is sixth with 1.22 blocks/set.
• Mary Cushman leads Maryland with 335 kills, 273 digs and 52 blocks. Adreene Elliott has a team-high .293 hitting percentage while tallying 291 kills and 86 blocks, and Ashlyn MacGregor has totaled 123 blocks with a .279 attack for the Terps.