The Tar Heels tradition of playing fast inspired the creation of the "#HeelFast" campaign. Fans are encouraged to use the #HeelFast hashtag when posting about the team on social media throughout the season.
The 2013-14 home schedule will feature many new and exciting promotions, beginning this Friday, Nov. 8, when the Tar Heels host Air Force for "Military Appreciation Day" at 4:30 p.m. Carolina's contest on Veteran's Day against Tennessee on Monday, Nov. 11 at 9 p.m., will honor all veterans for their service to our country. All active and retired military members will be granted free admission to both games and can purchase half-price tickets for their guests.
Other prominent promotions include WayBack Wednesday (12/4) and Throwback Thursdays (1/9, 1/16, 1/30 & 2/13) with half-price concessions, special student giveaways and your favorite music from the past. Sunday Fundays highlight ACC play when kids can eat for free, enjoy face painting and meet the team at post-game autograph sessions.
Additional gameday promotions include:
- $1 Team Days (11/24, 12/14, 12/21, 1/2, 1/5, 2/2 & 2/13) - youth teams can watch the Heels and possibly participate in halftime scrimmages.
- Blue Santa Appearance (Dec. 14) - fans can get their picture taken with Saint Nick all game long.
- Shag Day (Jan. 5) - featuring beach music and a special shag dancing performance at halftime.
- 20th Anniversary National Championship Reunion (Feb. 2) - welcome back members of the 1994 title-winning squad.
- Play 4Kay Pink Game (Feb. 13) - raising cancer awareness and funds for research.
- Rameses Birthday Party (Feb. 23) - join Rameses' closest mascot pals for his first annual birthday celebration.
All promotions, dates and details are subject to change. For more information, stay tuned to the women's basketball page on GoHeels.com.