CHAPEL HILL - Don't miss your first chance to see the 2013-14 University of North Carolina men's and women's basketball teams at Late Night with Roy 2013, to be held on Friday, October 25th at the Dean E. Smith Center.
A celebration of the beginning of Carolina basketball season, this year's Late Night will feature the return of the Blue/White scrimmage. While not a full, 40-minute, regulation game, this year's Late Night will feature a more competitive basketball showcase than in years past due to the earlier start of practice this season. The scrimmage will be the first opportunity for fans to see freshmen Nate Britt, Isaiah Hicks and Kennedy Meeks in a Carolina uniform.
Admission is free with general admission seating. Doors will open at 4 p.m. and the event will kick off with the volleyball match versus Maryland at 5 p.m. The basketball portion of the evening will follow volleyball at approximately 7 p.m.
The event will be streamed online by GoHeels TV. It will feature a "Carolina Basketball GameDay" theme with all new player introductions, videos, dances and students in the GameDay set.
Tar Heel Express shuttle buses will run beginning at 5:30 p.m. from the Friday Center park and ride lot for $5 per person (round-trip). Visit Chapel Hill Transit's website for more information on the Tar Heel Express service.
Follow @LateNightwRoy on Twitter for behind-the-scenes planning and the official countdown to the start of the UNC basketball season.
The Tar Heel football plays Boston College the following day on October 26 at 3:30 p.m., so fans are encouraged to spend the weekend in Chapel Hill with the Tar Heels.
Other highlights include:
• A recognition of Carolina's NCAA championship women's lacrosse, tennis and soccer teams from the past year.
• A special challenge featuring Roy Williams and Carolina students who will win an opportunity to take shots during Late Night and raise money to benefit the Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center. Williams will donate a dollar amount for every shot made.
• Meet the 2013-14 Carolina women's basketball team.
• All parking is $10 per automobile.
• No parking for Late Night will be available prior to 3 p.m.
• A limited number of spaces will become available between 3 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. in the Rams Head Deck for the volleyball match.
• Parking will then be on a first-come, first-served basis in the Rams Head Deck as spaces
become available toward the end of the work day.
• The Craige and Jackson Decks will open at 4:30 p.m.
• Parking will become available at 5 p.m. in the Manning and Bowles Lots.
• Disability parking will be in the Williamson Lot.
• Here is a campus parking map (.pdf).
Tar Heel Express Shuttle Bus Information:
• Chapel Hill Transit (CHT) will provide Tar Heel Express shuttle service beginning at 5:30 p.m. from the Friday Center park and ride (off Highway 54 East on Friday Center Drive).
• The shuttles will provide continuous and fully accessible service, running every 10 to 15 minutes between Friday Center and the Smith Center. The shuttles will operate for 45 minutes following the event.
• Shuttle rides are $5 for a round-trip or $3 for a one-way trip.
• For additional information on Tar Heel Express, please visit CHT's website at www.townofchapelhill.org/tarheelexpress, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call a CHT customer service representative at 919-969-4900 (press 1).