CHAPEL HILL, N.C. - The No. 14 Tar Heels are set to open their ACC schedule this Wednesday when they host NC State at 8 p.m.
The match will be played live on ESPNU, and admission is free at Carmichael Arena.
FOLLOW THE MATCH
- In addition to watching the game live on ESPNU, fans can follow live stats and follow @UNCVolleyball on Twitter.
- No. 14 UNC is 76-29 all-time vs. the Wolfpack. Carolina lost to NCSU 3-1 to open ACC play in Raleigh last year, but the Heels rebounded with a 3-2 win at home to close the regular season.
- The Tar Heels enter today's match at 11-0, tallying 27-straight wins at home in Carmichael Arena dating back to Oct. 7, 2011.
- This is UNC's best season start in program history; UNC went 9-0 to start the 1981 season.
- NC State is 9-3 overall entering conference play.
NO. 14 TAR HEELS
- Last outing: UNC swept No. 16 Illinois on Friday and topped Indiana 3-1 on Saturday to go 2-0 for the weekend's ACC-Big Ten Challenge.
- Jovana Bjelica leads UNC with 110 kills, 39 digs and 26 blocks so far. Kayla Berringer has tallied 98 kills and 26 blocks, while Paige Neuenfeldt and Victoria McPherson have combined for 79 blocks.
- UNC leads the ACC in holding opponents to a .112 hitting percentage and averaging 2.85 blocks/set. Carolina ranks second with 14.62 kills/set and 13.70 assists/set.
- Three Tar Heels are in the ACC top-10 hitting - ACC Co-Player of the Week Victoria McPherson (.339), Kayla Berringer (.330) and Paige Neuenfeldt (.329).
SCOUTING NC STATE
- Last outing: The Wolfpack went 1-2 in their home invitational this past weekend, dropping to Wisconsin and Colgate before beating VCU on Saturday.
- Dariyan Hopper leads NCSU with 122 kills and 26 blocks, while Brie Merriwether has 46 blocks and 84 kills.
- NC State ranks second in the conference with 15.79 digs/set, led by Alston Kearns who is averaging 4.77/set.