AT A GLANCE
Records: North Carolina 24-4 (12-3 ACC), NC State 13-14 (5-10 ACC)
Rankings: North Carolina is ranked No. 16 in the AP poll and No. 17 in the coaches' poll. NC State is unranked.
TV: ESPNU. Roy Philpott and LaChina Robinson have the call. Today's game can also be seen live at WatchESPN.com.
Radio: Tar Heel Sports Network, a division of Learfield Communications. Walter Storholt has the call. A link to the live stream can be found at GoHeels.com.
On The Web: GoHeels.com • Twitter: @UNCWBB • @UNCWBBCoach
NC STATE SERIES NOTES
• North Carolina is 44-51 all-time against NC State, including a 23-17 mark in Chapel Hill.
• Carolina won the first meeting of 2013, a 70-66 decision in Raleigh.
• While NC State still holds an advantage in the all-time series, Carolina has held the upper hand in recent years. The Tar Heels have won 22 of the last 26 meetings, their most successful stretch against the Wolfpack.
• NC State is Carolina's most common opponent in terms of games played as well as the Tar Heels' oldest rival. Sunday will be the 96th all-time meeting dating back to UNC's first varsity game, a 74-47 win over the Wolfpack on Jan. 13, 1975. No ACC rivalry has been played more often.
• Of teams with at least 10 all-time meetings with UNC, only NC State (51-44), Old Dominion (12-7),
Tennessee (15-3) and Connecticut (7-5) have winning records.
• Carolina is second in the nation in steals (13.9 spg). The Tar Heels are eighth in points allowed per opponent possession and 14th in blocks.
• Head coach Sylvia Hatchell is currently second all-time in career coaching wins with 903. Hatchell now trails only Pat Summitt (1,098) on the all-time list after passing Jody Conradt (900) on Feb. 10.
• Freshman Xylina McDaniel has been named ACC Rookie of the Week a league-best six times in 2012-13, with the most recent award coming Feb. 18. She leads all ACC freshmen in scoring (13.0 ppg), rebounding (7.1 rpg) and steals (2.1 spg).
• Senior Tierra Ruffin-Pratt is averaging a team-best 14.2 points per game this season. Entering 2012-13, her career scoring average in 84 games was 6.7 ppg.
• Senior Krista Gross is fourth in the ACC in rebounding with 8.6 rpg. Entering 2012-13, her career rebounding average in 95 games was 4.4 rpg.
LAST TIME OUT: No. 16 UNC 72, Virginia Tech 50
BLACKSBURG, Va. --- Tierra Ruffin-Pratt scored 17 points and No. 16 North Carolina led from start to finish in a 72-50 win over Virginia Tech Friday night at Cassell Coliseum. Carolina outscored the Hokies 33-11 in the first 15 minutes of the game and never led by less than 14 the rest of the way. Xylina McDaniel added 13 points and Krista Gross just missed a double-double with 11 points and nine boards. UNC (24-4, 12-3 ACC) used the deep ball to great effect in the first 20 minutes, making 7 of 13 three-point attempts, including two each from Gross, McDaniel and Latifah Coleman.