CONWAY, S.C. --- North Carolina will head south to the Grand Strand area of South Carolina for the 19th consecutive December when the Tar Heels visit Coastal Carolina at the HTC Center Sunday afternoon at 2. Carolina is 9-1 on the year following a 49-21 win over North Carolina Central on Wednesday. Coastal is 6-2 on the season after a 70-43 win over Converse on Thursday. UNC is ranked No. 19 in the latest Associated Press Top 25 and is receiving votes in the ESPN/USA Today Coaches' Poll. Coastal Carolina is unranked.
AT A GLANCE
Records: North Carolina 9-1 (0-0 ACC), Coastal Carolina 6-2 (1-0 Big South)
Rankings: North Carolina is ranked No. 19 in the AP poll and is receiving votes in the coaches' poll. Coastal Carolina is unranked.
TV: Today's game can be streamed live at client.stretchinternet.com/client/coastal.portal.
Radio: Tar Heel Sports Network, a division of Learfield Communications. Walter Storholt (play-by-play) has the call. A link to the live stream can be found at GoHeels.com.
On The Web: GoHeels.com • Twitter: @UNCWBB • @UNCWBBCoach
COASTAL CAROLINA SERIES NOTES
• North Carolina is 14-0 all-time against Coastal Carolina.
• UNC is 4-0 all-time against the Chanticleers in the Myrtle Beach/Conway area, with the last road game coming in Conway in 2007. Carolina won that game, 82-58.
• Sunday's game marks the eighth time in nine seasons the two teams have met. The last meeting came in Chapel Hill in 2010, a 93-37 Tar Heel victory.
CAROLINA AT THE BEACH
• Carolina has played at least one game in the Myrtle Beach area every year since 1994.
• The Tar Heels have an all-time record of 24-5 in the Myrtle Beach area that includes at least one win in each of the last 10 seasons.
• UNC split a pair of games at the Myrtle Beach Convention Center last season, falling to South Carolina, 79-48, before defeating East Carolina, 65-61.