CHAPEL HILL -- North Carolina will play its second game in three days when the Tar Heels host Duquesne at Carmichael Arena in the quarterfinals of the Preseason WNIT Sunday at 5 p.m. UNC advanced to the quarterfinals with a 70-59 win over Davidson on Friday. Duquesne earned the chance to travel to Chapel Hill with a 63-46 victory over Liberty on Friday. The winner of the UNC-Duquesne game will play the winner of the Georgetown-Delaware game on Wednesday, Nov. 14.
TICKET OFFER FOR VETERANS
In honor of Veterans Day on Sunday, Carolina is pleased to offer a ticket special for military veterans and their families. Veterans can visit the Carmichael Arena ticket office and receive a ticket for just $1.
AT A GLANCE
Records: North Carolina 1-0, Duquesne 1-0
Rankings: Neither team is ranked.
TV: GoHeels TV. Today's game will be streamed live via GoHeels TV at GoHeels.com.
Radio: Tar Heel Sports Network, a division of Learfield Communications. Walter Storholt (play-by-play) has the call. Today's game is an Internet-only broadcast. A link to the live stream can be found at GoHeels.com.
On The Web: GoHeels.com • Twitter: @UNCWBB • @UNCWBBCoach
• North Carolina is 1-0 all-time against Duquesne. Sunday will mark the first meeting between the two schools in Chapel Hill.
• Carolina won the lone meeting, 81-65, at Duquesne on Dec. 5, 1992.
TAR HEELS IN CARMICHAEL ARENA
• Carolina is 409-93 all-time in Carmichael, including a 36-10 record since the building re-opened after being closed for renovations from March 2008 to December 2009.
• The Tar Heels have won at least 13 home games in each of the last 11 seasons, including a school-record 18 during an undefeated 2007-08 home campaign.
• UNC has lost just 19 home games since the start of the 2001-02 season. The Tar Heels have been even more stingy against non-conference opponents, losing at home just twice outside of league play in the last decade.
LAST TIME OUT: UNC 70, Davidson 59
CHAPEL HILL --- Freshman Xylina McDaniel notched a double-double with 18 points and 12 rebounds in her collegiate debut, as North Carolina defeated Davidson 70-59 on Friday in the opening round of the Preseason WNIT at Carmichael Arena. Waltiea Rolle put up a double-double with 11 points and 12 rebounds, Tierra Ruffin-Pratt finished with 14 points and three assists and Danielle Butts scored 10 points off the bench.