CHAPEL HILL, N.C.- North Carolina volleyball welcomes ACC opponents Wake Forest and Duke this weekend as the Tar Heels' five-game homestand continues at Carmichael Arena. UNC will face the Demon Deacons Friday at 7 p.m. and the Blue Devils on Sunday at 2 p.m.
Friday's match against Wake Forest will be Carolina Volleyball Alumni Night, as head coach Joe Sagula and the UNC volleyball program welcomes back all former Tar Heels, who will be recognized between sets two and three. All matches are free and open to the public.
- Carolina has won the last three meetings with Wake Forest, downing the Deacs 3-1 in 2011.
- The Blue Devils have won the last four meetings, beating UNC 3-0 in 2011.
- Carolina is 9-2 (0-1) on the season, and undefeated so far at home (4-0).
- The Tar Heels rank first in the ACC for opponent hitting percentage (.151).
- UNC is third in blocking average (2.71/set), and fourth in digs/set (14.80).
- Sophomore Ece Taner has the most digs (28, vs. Long Beach State) in the ACC for a five-set match and the third-most digs (21, vs. Utah) for a three-set match.
- Freshman Paige Neuenfeldt leads in blocks for a three-set match (9, vs. Lipscomb) and a five-set match (12, vs. Santa Clara).
- Carolina is 28th in the NCAA for blocking (2.71/set).
- As of 9/20, the Tar Heels are undefeated at home this year (4-0).
- The Deacs on 6-6 (0-1) entering Friday's match.
- Wake Forest opened their ACC season Wednesday at NC State, dropping a 3-0 match (20-25, 16-25, 16-25)
- Senior Andrea Beck hit her 1,000th kill in the third set against Appalachian State on Saturday. She leads the ACC in kills (4.05/set) and is sixth in hitting (.413).
- Sophomore Danae Rosendall is third in the conference for assists (10.60/set).
- As a team, Wake Forest is sixth in the ACC in attack (.244), and seventh for digs (13.98/set) and aces (1.23/set).
- As of 9/20, Duke is 9-3 (0-0), opening their ACC season Friday at NC State.
- Duke ranks 31st for kills/set (14.19) and 37th in the NCAA for hitting (.262).
- Junior Ali McCurdy leads the conference in digs (5.52/set.
- Sophomore Chelsea Cook is fourth in blocking average (1.21).
- As a team, the Blue Devils are second in digs (16.29/set) and are top-five in the ACC in kills, blocks, assists, hitting percentage and opponent hitting.