CHAPEL HILL --- No. 3 North Carolina wraps up the regular season this weekend by welcoming cross-town rival Duke to Boshamer Stadium for the first of three Thursday at 6 p.m. The Coastal Division champion Tar Heels are 42-10 after a 7-2 win over UNCW on Tuesday. Duke beat Liberty 6-5 Tuesday in Durham to improve to 27-25 overall.
• Bark At The Bosh 2 - First 250 fans with dogs receive UNC dog leashes
• Reps from Paws4People and Carolina Adopt-A-Bulls Rescue will be on hand
• REMINGTON will participate in the ceremonial first pitch
• Dustin Ackley Bobblehead Day
• Rams Club Day - free admission for Rams Club members with membership card
• Senior Day for Tyler Lynn, Adam Pate and John Stott
• Kids Take The Field for National Anthem (pregame)
• Senior class trading card giveaway
• Movies Under The Stars - "Field of Dreams" following the game
|Video||UNC Probable Starters||Duke Probable Starters|
|Thursday • 6 p.m.||ACCNE||RHP Taylor Sugg (1-0, 1.08 ERA)||LHP Mitch Stallings (4-3, 4.16 ERA)|
|Friday • 6:30 p.m.||ACCNE||RHP J.B. Bukauskas (8-0, 1.80 ERA)||RHP Ryan Day (3-3, 3.23 ERA)|
|Saturday • 2 p.m.||ACCNE||RHP Gianluca Dalatri (5-3, 3.11 ERA)||LHP Adam Laskey (4-3, 6.18 ERA)|
AT A GLANCE
Records: North Carolina 42-10 (21-6 ACC), Duke 27-25 (11-16 ACC)
Rankings: North Carolina is ranked No. 3 in all of the national polls. Duke is unranked.
Video: Thursday | Friday | Saturday
On The Web: GoHeels.com • Twitter: @DiamondHeels
NORTH CAROLINA-DUKE SERIES HISTORY
• North Carolina is 186-100-2 all-time against Duke, including a 44-13 record against the Blue Devils under Mike Fox.
• Carolina has won 14 of 18 in the series, including a three-game sweep in Durham last season in which the Tar Heels outscored the Devils 31-6.
• Duke's last series win came in 2014, a three-game sweep in Durham.
• The all-time series dates back to 1891 when Carolina beat Trinity College 8-3.
• Carolina ranks second in the ACC and fifth nationally in pitching with a staff ERA of 2.76.
• After taking two of three at Virginia Tech, UNC has won its first nine ACC series for the first time in program history. That ties the 2008 team for most league series wins at UNC.
• The Tar Heels' 20-0 win over the Hokies on May 14 established a new school record for most runs in an ACC shutout win, eclipsing a 19-0 victory at Virginia in 1976. It was also the program's biggest league victory since a 25-4 win over Duke in 1995.
• Carolina became the first team to sweep Clemson and Florida State in the same season since 2004, when Georgia Tech did the same double. No other team has swept both the Tigers and the Seminoles since FSU joined the ACC.
• The Tar Heels swept Florida State for the second time in program history and the first time ever in Tallahassee.
• UNC started ACC play with series wins over divisional foes Virginia, Georgia Tech and Miami. This marks the first time the Tar Heels have won series against those three in the same season since 2009.
• Juniors Brian Miller and Logan Warmoth recently reached career milestones with their 50th multi-hit games at UNC. Both are closing in on 200 career hits - Warmoth has 194 and Miller has 190 entering the Duke series.
• The Tar Heels established a new school record for runs in a three-game ACC series by scoring 48 times in the sweep at BC. The previous mark was 45 at Duke in 2002. The 20-5 win over South Carolina pushed the four-game total to 68 runs, the most over four games since 1987.
• Redshirt freshman closer Josh Hiatt has 13 saves, second in the ACC and seventh-most nationally. Hiatt is already alone in fifth on the UNC single-season saves list.
• Junior J.B. Bukauskas ranks in the top 20 nationally in strikeouts per nine innings (17th, 11.76), hits allowed per nine innings (19th, 5.76), wins (19th, 8), and ERA (19th, 1.80). He was named to the D1Baseball and Rawlings/Perfect Game Midseason All-America first teams, earning Midseason Top Pitcher honors from D1Baseball.
• Freshman Gianluca Dalatri is fourth in the ACC in innings pitched with 81.0 in 12 starts, an average of almost seven innings per outing.
• Carolina allowed five runs or fewer in each of the first 23 games of the 2017 season. That was the longest such streak in 106 seasons. The Tar Heels went 25 straight without allowing more than five across the 1910 and 1911 campaigns.
• Mike Fox recorded his 800th win at Carolina on Feb. 19 against Kentucky. He is UNC's all-time winningest coach and has over 1,300 total wins in his 34 year career.