CHAPEL HILL - The UNC Athletic Department has declared Saturday's men's basketball game against Pittsburgh to be its first-ever social media game and is taking special steps to provide fans with exclusive, behind-the-scenes access to the Tar Heels before, during and after the matchup against the Panthers.
The team's Twitter account, @UNC_Basketball, will be home base for all the day's activities.
Tar Heel players and other personnel have worn Google Glass headsets during preparation for Saturday's game. Others will wear the Google Glass headsets on Saturday to provide a unique insight into what goes on behind the scenes on a game day in the Smith Center.
In addition, the Tar Heel athletic department will Stripe Out the Smith Center for Saturday's game and have distributed Carolina Blue and white t-shirts in alternating sections of the arena to create a striped effect on a large scale.
Features of the social media day via @UNC_Basketball will include:
- • In-game tweeting from May and Marshall, highlighted by @UNC_Basketball
- • Behind-the-scenes photos of the Tar Heels starting the morning of the game and continuing throughout and after the game
- • Google Glass videos from players, team personnel, crowd and student perspectives and elsewhere in the arena
- • Fans can submit questions to ask Tar Heel players in the postgame press conferences. GoHeels.com personnel will ask players some of the best questions and post them online after the game (use the hash tags #StripeOut and #UNCBBall)
- • Unique access with the Tar Heel Sports Network's Jones Angell (@JonesAngell) and Eric Montross (@EricMontross) during pre- and postgame
- • Fans are encouraged to interact before, during and after the game by using the hash tags #StripeOut and #UNCBBall.