CHAPEL HILL, N.C. - No. 24 North Carolina is set to host NC State this Wednesday at 2 p.m. in the Tar Heels' regular season finale.
The match will be held at Carmichael Arena, and admission to all UNC volleyball matches are free.
Carolina head coach Joe Sagula sat down with GoHeels.com this week to recap the Tar Heels' 2-0 weekend of sweeps against Virginia Tech on Friday and Virginia on Saturday. Sagula also previewed tomorrow's match, which could have an impact on the Tar Heels' post-season play in the NCAA Tournament. Watch Sagula's weekly interview here.
Follow the Match Online:
- This is the 105th meeting between No. 24 North Carolina and NC State. The Tar Heels are 75-29 all-time against the Wolfpack.
- Earlier this season, NC State beat UNC 3-1 in Raleigh, as the Tar Heels dropped their first ACC-opener since a 3-2 Clemson loss in 1996, and the Wolfpack earned their first win over UNC in an ACC-opening meeting since 1983.
- Carolina (24-5, 15-4) is currently in third place in the ACC, behind Florida State and Miami (both 17-2). NC State (21-8, 11-7) is in fourth.
- Carolina is No. 24 in this week's AVCA poll and No. 19 in NCAA RPI rankings.
- UNC is second in the ACC for assists (13.17/s), and third in kills (14.10/s). The Tar Heels rank fourth in digs (15.21/s), blocks (2.43/s) and opponent hitting (.174).
- Freshman Paige Neuenfeldt, who has been named the ACC Freshman of the Week five times this season, is fourth in the conference for blocks (1.14/s) and eighth in hitting percentage (.331).
- Sophomore Ece Taner is eighth in digs (3.93/s), and senior Cora Harms is eighth in assists (7.70/s).
- NC State is second in aces (.133) and third in opponent hitting (.170). The Pack is also fifth in blocks (2.38/s).
- Senior Megan Cyr is third in the ACC for assists (10.27/s), and sophomore Nikki Glass is third in aces (0.38/s).
- Sophomore Alston Kearns is ninth in digs (3.70/s), junior Brie Merriwether is 10th in attack (.312), and sophomore Alesha Wilson is 10th in blocks (1.02/s).