Returning letter winner who plays in both midfielder and on defense• an outstanding header who was called in the U18 National Team camp in 2011 and was added to the U20 National Team player pool in 2012 • began playing soccer at age four.
Freshman Season (2011)
Played in 12 games as a freshman • started contests against Nebraska and NC State • logged 304 minutes including a season high 65 against UNC Greensboro • scored her lone goal of the season against Texas A&M as she converted a corner kick from Courtney Jones into her first career tally.
ODP, National Teams & Club Soccer
Was named the U.S. U20 National Team Player Pool in 2012 • Started playing club soccer in the fifth grade, initially as a forward before switching permanently to defense at age 12 • captained club team since 2006 • member of 2010 League Cup championship squad.
Graduated from Katella High School on June 16, 2011 • played four years of high school soccer as a central defender • also played volleyball and competed in track • named defensive player of the year in the Empire League in both 2009 and 2010 • captained the team three years and led high school team to Orange League championship in 2011 • Scholar-Athlete Award winner • was Empire League MVP in track
Taylor Anne Ramirez is the daughter of Teresa Ramirez and Randy Ramirez • was born December 26, 1992 in Anaheim Hills, Calif. • exercise and sports science major • her father played baseball at Long Beach State and then professionally in Seattle Mariners system • her mother was a professional model • older brother played baseball on a full scholarship at Cal State Fullerton, played for Team USA in 2010 and was drafted by the Milwaukee Brewers in the fourth round of the 2011 Major League Baseball draft.
Up Close With Taylor Ramirez
Section #1: Soccer
1. The best thing about being a Tar Heel soccer player is the tradition that comes with the program.
2. My favorite thing about competing for Coach Dorrance is I know that I am becoming the best player that I can be under his guidance.
3. Since last year the aspect of my training I've worked on the most is my speed of play.
4. My best friend on another college soccer team is Chelsey Patterson at Cal State Fullerton.
5. My greatest strength as a soccer player is my long distance service.
Section #2: Interests
1. Away from the soccer field and academic pursuits I like to spend time shopping, and watching Sponge Bob.
2.The best movie I've seen recently is The Sitter.
3. If I could compete in another sport at UNC it would be volleyball.
4. The music act I'd most like to see in person is Spice Girls.
5. The personal interest I have that might surprise my teammates is probably that I still watch cartoons, mainly Sponge Bob.
Section #3: Food & Beverage
1. After a game at Fetzer Field, I'd like to see a buffet spread at McCaskill that included alot of Mexican food.
2. My favorite beverage: I have given into the culture, my new addiction is sweet tea!
3.My favorite food made by a relative is a toss up between my Grandpa's enchiladas and my Mom's homemade mac n' cheese.
4. My favorite place to eat in Chapel Hill is [B]SKI'S.
5. My favorite guilty pleasure food wise is anything from Time Out!
Section #4: Personality
1. If I possessed the gift of time travel I'd like to go to back to my childhood.
2. My most prized personal possession is my new car. Her name is Annie.
3. If I could go to dinner with a famous person it would be Ryan Reynolds.
4. My dream job is to play soccer.
5. The most interesting person I've met at UNC is Tom Sander. He's like Superman.
Taylor Ramirez's Career Statistics
Year GP/GS SH G A PTS
2011 12/2 3 1 0 2
Totals 12/2 3 1 0 2
TAYLOR RAMIREZ'S CAREER SCORING GAMES
Date Opponent G A PTS
9/11/2011 Texas A&M 1 0 2
2011 TOTALS 1 0 2
|Major:||Exercise & Sports Science|